Monday, December 31, 2012

see ya, 2012


I wish I had more pictures from 2012 to be able to reminisce with.. but alas, I sucked at taking any real photos of 2012, which is sad to me. 

So here goes, me trying to recap my year from memory, which I seemed to have lost somewhere in 2012.. (these are based off of status updates from facebook because.. seriously, I don't remember anything anymore)
 be warned: this is very long and VERY uninteresting. maybe 2013 will bring more FUN! :)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

January:
  • lots of boring weather in Ohio
  • winter.
  • work
  • nothing much..
  • tried to start to drink more water. Realized this caused you to pee.. A LOT
  • I discovered Mumford and Sons
  • January was a really tough month for me personally in regards to many things.. MOVING ON.
  • house hunted..


February:
  • I was reading Sacred Marriage
  • watched Food, Inc. and decided that the world and all food was disgusting
  • I had a dream much like an episode of The Walking Dead
  • My stupid power steering fluid leaked a bunch and I had to fill it with about 6 bottles of fluid before I could get it fixed... nice.
  • 1st married Valentine's Day
  • house hunted some more..

March:
  • Had a lovely morning with a lovely friend, Melissa. *note to self: hang out with her more!!
  • spring break at work (2 days, wooo)
  • painted our living room.. I think?? or maybe that was later in the summer.....
  • OHHH looking back, gave up facebook and internet for Lent. It was refreshing.
  • stopped looking at houses..

April:
  • worked, A LOT
  • Saw Tim Tebow in person at my work. 
  • Jaw dropped as Mr. Tebow walked right by me...
  • Husband met Mr. Tebow. Still mad at him for that one....
  • Saw West Side Story at the Ohio Theatre with my aunts and grandma, loved it!!
  • Saw a high school put on the musical Legally Blonde with my girls!
  • I got pretty sick in April.. like, so sick, I only remember bits and pieces of one week ahhh
  • Started our garden!
  • found a house we liked..

May:
  • Started my blog!!!!
  • Grandma's 63rd bday
  • Learned how to make Puppy Chow. oh gosshhh
  • Youngest sister went to Prom!
  • Youngest sister graduated high school!!
  • Camping with our youth group
  • dime a dog night at Clippers game
  • started a "who's having a baby/had a baby list"
  • looked more at houses!

June:
  • Aaron's 24th birthday spent in Cbus! 
  • Youngest sister's 19th birthday!
  • made some homemade chocolate chip cookies and they were the bomb dot com
  • took the youth group to Kings Island, fell in love with Family Force Five
  • We liked a house..

July:
  • 1 year anniversary in Hilton Head!!!!!!!!!
  • our dryer died.. again. 
  • our dryer was fixed AGAIN!!
  • ate a lot of froyo
  • saw The Dark Knight Rises at midnight in a theatre in Hilton Head with Hilton Head's finest youth..*shakes head* 
  • the skating rink and bowling alley I went to in my younger days and had my only real big birthday party at was BURNED down. All those memories of after-proms and birthday parties burned away.. I for real CRIED.
  • house we liked didn't work out.

August:
  • helped youngest sister figure out finances for college. UGH.
  • sang at the annual Bell Tower Dinner for our church
  • Olympics.  and.. I barely watched. whoops!
  • Watched our niece and nephews for the weekend and didn't kill them.
  • updated my who's having a baby list A LOT.
  • worked on deciding on a master's program! Whoop whoop!
  • my aunt and uncle renewed their vows: 25 years, y'all!
  • looked for houses, but not as much..

September:
  •  watched a lot of football.. because of Aaron
  • went to a bonfire at one of my best friend's house
  • SMASHED THE HECK OUT OF LACEY'S CRAPPY PHONE WHEN SHE GOT AN IPHONE!!!!
  • work was really hard
  • Put an offer in on THE house we loved. aannnddd didn't get it.

October:
  • FAVORITE MONTH
  • PUMPKIN SHOW!
  • HALF A WEEK OFF OF WORK FOR PUMPKIN SHOW!
  • finally put up some decorations in our house because we realized we will probably forever be in this apartment....
  • election commercials and wanting to shoot my eyes out.
  • worked on my personal statement for grad school!!! WHATTTT
  • decided to do School Counseling as my masters :)
  • MORE meth labs busted in town. KEEPIN' IT CLASSY.

November:
  • Aaron and I were huddle leaders at an FCA Retreat. loved it!
  • ELECTION.
  • celebrate a sister's birthday... was the last time we saw her :/ hope she is doing okay.


December:
  • MY 24TH BIRTHDAY: went to a japanese steak house for dinner the weekend before
  • got our 2nd LIVE Christmas tree! :)
  • Went to LOTS of Christmas parties
  • ....4 WISDOM TEETH OUT. sick.
  • lots of pain meds and NOT lots of food I love.
  • time off of work
  • CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
  • helping youngest sister out with finances and life decisions for college again.. LIFE WAAHHH
  • annndddd lots of tv watching.

 annndd that was it for our year basically. I mean, we went on dates, and some fun stuff, but.. alas, I forgot and clearly quit posting anything on facebook. so, yeah. I should maybe put "document real life better" as a new year's goal for myself.

peace out, 2012. I am ready for you to leave to be real honest.



3 comments:

  1. Haha I love this!! Here's to hanging out with you more in 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most important thing to remember is how you've grown and changed, what you've learned, and how people have impacted your life- the little details fall away eventually :) loved reading this even though you think it's boring haha
    Love you girl and I pray God blesses you and Aaron with a house beyond your dreams this year as well as the most life changing year yet!
    Ps love what your going to study in grad school!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...