Since November is the month of thanksgiving, I am going to continue on with my five thanks on thursday... here goes:
1) I am thankful for family. my family has had its string of tragedies, especially lately... and I just don't know what to do. some days I am so sick of them I could scream, leave and never come back. other days, I can't get enough of them, I can't pray for them enough or encourage them enough. today I am just super thankful for family as I am reminded of those who are without families. without support from BLOOD. without the love and grace given to them. there are children all over the world who have to grow up without their own flesh and blood... I feel for them. as sucky as family is, it really is true that you can't live without them.
2) I am thankful for friends. today I have been blessed by encouragement from friends I rarely get to talk to and some of my best friends. I am grateful that I am in a position at work where I have people come by (rarely, but they do!) and talk about life. I am grateful that one of my very best friends in the entire world works where I work and we can go to lunch together and just talk about our struggles and encourage each other. I am just so blessed. There was a time I never ever thought I would have friends or had friends.. and when I look back on those times, I can't help but fall back into that thought.. it's times like today where I am reminded I am not alone
3) this is going to sound stupid but.. I am thankful that I have access to the internet. Today I took it for granted for a short time and everything went wrong. I am just glad I have a way to connect with people through that avenue.
4) I am thankful that I am one step closer to making my dreams come true in regard to school. I have finished a big part of my application that just kept bringing me down.. I am waiting to re-read it and hopefully submit it tomorrow... I am so grateful and keep praying the God's hope is for me to do it too, which I really feel it is or else I wouldn't pursue it
5) I am grateful for my husband and his life. My aunt's fiance was stabbed last night as he was trying to protect a girl who was being chased by a thief.. this man saved her life. My aunt is in utter shock and hurt and so many feelings I cannot even describe. This just makes me look at my own life and the things I have and be so SO SO THANKFUL for them even MORE because it just shows how precious life is. Just hours before that he was talking to her... it's crazy to think that life is so short. I am thankful for my husband who loves me despite my horrible, terrible flaws and sins. I am thankful that he laughs at me even when I am probably not very funny. I am thankful that he is ALIVE and WELL and LOVES ME. I am just SO THANKFUL. I take him for granted almost daily... and I am trying to work on that. It's easy when you see that person all the time... but, don't forget, life is very short, even if we live to be 100.
What are you thankful for? :)