|random wedding picture that has nothing to do with anything, I just love it.|
If you remember, Thursday is one of my favorite days! I still don't know why, but I just love them.
Today was extra special because I found out I won a blog giveaway!! I am pretty excited about it :) go check out Daina and the other gals! They are great!
I hope you all are having a great week. I know that this week as been particularly tough. It has been tough waking up in the mornings and trying to do anything productive after work. I have been feeling pretty sluggish and down right down. Soooo worn out.
So, I am ready for the weekend. Also, some thanks. Here are my five thanks on thursday for this Thursday :)
I am trying to come up with some thanks that I normally view as "not so good", but realize I am blessed to have them.
1. I am blessed to have somewhere to live. Although our apartment isn't ideal for us anymore, I am truly thankful to have somewhere to live. I am thankful to have air conditioning and heat, as well as a space heater, etc. I am thankful for a home filled with STUFF, even though it is annoying that it is everywhere sometimes. Aaron and I are still in the process of looking/thinking/praying for a home for us to purchase. After we didn't get a house we put a bid on, we got pretty discouraged. We resenting our current home, and hated it. How selfish. Just learning to be thankful in all circumstances. Many people would kill to have a place to stay even for one night, and we get to LIVE there.
2. I am thankful for clothes. I am thankful that although I have TONS of clothes that I rarely wear, but are somehow thrown all over the house throughout the week, I am thankful I have them. I hope that I can start being more mindful regarding purchases as well as taking time to go through my clothes (and Aaron's!) to be able to give those to someone who may not have many clothes at all.
3. I am thankful for the job I currently have. I complain about being so busy sometimes and how I want to punch my own face in, but I am thankful that I HAVE a job. I have the best boss. He is so understanding when I need time off, and he laughs at how insane I am at work and the weird things I say... so that is awesome. I am grateful that I work in an environment where I feel accepted (for the most part). I am thankful that somehow, someway, this job is preparing me for my future and a job I really hope to have some day!
4. I am thankful for family. I know I have said this thanks before but... I need to keep reminding myself that family is a good thing. Growing up I had some unfortunately things happen within my family. To me, family was just 'there'. Sometimes, family was out to ruin your life. And, still, others, family was there as a support system. Lately, I have really been seeing that my family, although MENTALLY INSANE, and unstable, my family is mine. Those who continue to stay there and support me and my sisters are amazing.. I wouldn't trade them for the world.
5. and finally... I am thankful for today. Although I didn't want to get up today, I am glad I did. I am glad that I came to work. I am thankful for this dang insurance meeting I have to go to. I am thankful I have an OPPORTUNITY for insurance. I am just really blessed.
I have been to 5 other countries serving in mission trips, and various places in the USA. Each time it has reminded me that I have SO SO MUCH. I have been given so much. When I think back on those people who have nothing, but prepared a meal and asked me over, I get this overwhelming feeling that I have TOO MUCH. I need to share it with others. I need to bless others with it. I just... I can't explain it. I hope that you can look at your life and know you are blessed despite your thinking so. And to think it not just during the holiday seasons, but all year round.
Hopefully these don't bore too many people out there.. just trying to remember for myself, the things I should be thankful for instead of grumbling about them!
Have a lovely day :) Maybe, just maybe I will be back soon.